Before reading this guide and creating your first thread, you should read the Vesta User’s Guide.
This guide contains screenshots and information on how to create a thread and reply to tags.
- Do not delete posts! If your thread has been abandoned, add an abandoned thread-tag to it, then PM Stormwolfe, post in the Help-Me forum, or post a message in the Help-Me channel on our Discord. Request the thread be archived and provide a link to it.
- Word Count: We do not have a word count. However, it is preferred that you not write one-liners. If that is all your thread calls for (i.e. lots of dialog), consider writing your thread as a series of joint-posts (JPs).
- Mature Content: Remember to rate your threads and posts correctly. If you feel it exceeds our site’s rating, please turn the mature content toggle on. Hint: You must have completed your profile to use this feature.
- Do not complain to the Staff if you lost your post. Our site does save drafts of posts until you click the post button. However, sites, computers, browsers, etc. can hiccup. It is always advisable to save the contents of your post to your computer’s clipboard before clicking the post button.
- If you’ve completed the thread, simply add the thread-tag to the top of your post (i.e. completed tag = completed).
- Create (button): Add New Topic (thread)
- Joint Post (JP): This is a style of writing where the tagged member edits their reply directly into an existing post. This is great for dialog and short reactions. Once saved, the system will send an alert just like it does for new threads and new posts.
- Manage (button): Edit
- Post (button): Add reply to thread.
- Post (noun): A post is a single component of a thread.
- Tagging, Tagged: I know it is confusing to have two types of tags! When stated as just tags, we’ll assume you mean tagging the next character to reply.
- Threads: A thread is a series of posts that create part of a story (like a scene in a TV show or chapter in a book).
- Thread-Tags (or Post-Tags): These are one or two word thread descriptions that display on the thread index page and in the thread.
Creating a New Thread
- Right click on screenshot image and choose Open Image in New Tab to see the full sized image.
- Go to the sites main forum index page. Make sure you are logged in.
- Choose the IC forum you want to post in. Hint: Each one is one of Aereth’s main populated lands.
- Click Create on the thread index page.
- See screenshot image.
Replying to Threads
- Choose the thread you are replying to from the thread index page (see the Start Thread screen shot).